Location: Bellevue, WA
Duration: 12 Months
Job title: Software Design Engineer II
The Quality and Sustaining Engineering Team (HQSE) within Azure / CSI-E (Cloud Server Infrastructure Engineering) is responsible for quality and sustaining of server and rack Infrastructure hardware and software in Microsoft’s Data Centers across the world. We provide engineering subject matter expertise to resolve systemic issues to maintain the quality of deployed hardware and software within committed business goals.
To support this effort, we are looking for a Hardware LiveSite Engineer based in Bellevue, WA, who can provide an initial response for Azure Cloud Infrastructure LiveSite Event, while using or developing Software Tools for automated collection of critical telemetry, and as needed, provide complex software debug between embedded firmware, chassis manager, drivers, operating system, Azure fabric controller & DCM modules.
Role and Responsibility
· Responsible for Engineering level support of Deployment and Sustaining of Server and Data Center Infrastructure Products developed by Microsoft’s CSI team.
· Work with ODMs, OEMs, vendors, and internal teams
· Support large scale server deployments and problem resolution through tools and automation (scripting) using C, C++, C#, PowerShell, Python or Perl.
· Use the developed tool automation to check and then work with Microsoft Product Groups to deploy Server FW (BIOS, BMC, Chassis Manager etc.) and OS images with associated configuration settings.
· Work with Microsoft internal teams to support Server Operations through CSI Diagnostic and Deployment tools. Interface and interact with servers and infrastructure through the management network to root cause server fleet issues to minimize server downtime and engage in Azure Live Site ICM (Incident Control Management) incidents to drive resolution. Triage and document bugs and drive to resolution. Focus on continuous improvement through optimum level of process and procedures.
Top 3 Skills:
- Programming Skills C# or C++ or C (3+ years of experience is preferred)
- Hands on experience: SQL, C#, Azure DevOps, Visual Studio. Kusto (Not mandatory)
- Understanding of Server Architecture [SQL Server Management] – 1 year
Thanks and Regards,
Extension :734-928-2001- Ext-520
Fax: 734 224 6611
32770 Grand River Avenue, Suite 206B,
Farmington Hills, MI-48336