DeWitt Hourly Production Employee
We seek individuals who value and demonstrate integrity, humility and mutual respect. To thrive in our culture, an individual who believes in value creation, a strong customer focus, and can embrace change easily. Must be able to pass a pre-employment background and criminal check, and a hair follicle drug screen. Guardian is a Tobacco-Free and Drug-Free company.
Must be able to:
· Work a 12-hour rotating shift schedule
· Work overtime as needed
• Operate, monitor, maintain and troubleshoot the production line
• Understand and follow plant safety rules, and work safely always
• Perform manual labor
• Operate a forklift and crane
• Operate hand held power tools
• Ensure quality product is sent to customers by completing quality checks
• Maintain reliable attendance
• Standing or walking on concrete floors
• Operate process automation equipment (stacker, robots, etc.) with training.
• Climb up and down stairs and ladders several times during the shift.
• Work well with multi-functional groups.
• Work in a fast pace work environment.
• Work, when required, while wearing protective respiratory equipment, and have periodic limited exposure to some airborne dusts.
• Withstand intermittent exposure to warm/hot temperatures with proper personnel protective equipment.
• Recognize small flaws in glass from a distance of 4 feet with training.
• Frequent squatting and bending at the knees, twisting from side to side, bending forward, and pushing and pulling objects.
• Lift vertically and move laterally at waist height up to 50 pounds on a repetitive basis.
• Maintain general housekeeping in all areas of production, including the break rooms and rest rooms
Background and experience requirements for this position are as follows:
• Would prefer 1 to 3 years or more previous manufacturing experience
• Work holidays and/or weekends on a regular basis
Why work for Guardian?
· A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Competitive compensation and a wide variety of benefits including health/dental/life insurance, prescription coverage, STD and optional LTD, paid vacation and holidays, and a 401 (k) with a $1 for $1 match up to 7%.