Sr. Business Analyst: OBIA/OBIEE required; manufacturing/auto/distribution &/or Hyperion a +
The Enterprise Information Management (EIM Senior Business Intelligence Analyst) is the primary point of contact working directly with key business leaders to document analytic requirements, assess data and technology solutions available and design solutions that enable the organization to become a more data driven company.
This role requires detailed technical knowledge of Enterprise Data and Business Intelligence solutions as well as the ability to work directly with business teams across the company and at all levels.
Key responsibilities of the Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst are:
- Collaboration and alignment:This role directly interfaces with members of many departments across the organization. Success in this area is critically important for our growth as a data driven organization and for the growth of the EIM team. A key element of this will include collaboration with multiple business team leaders to document business challenges and design technical solutions aligned with Enterprise standards.
- Development of key project documents including, Business Requirements Document (BRD), Business /Dimension Matrix, Requirements Traceability Matrix, Solution Design Document, Security Matrix, Business Use Cases and associated Test Cases.
- This person has a detailed knowledge of the Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and can communicate these requirements to all stakeholders.
- This person will be responsible for building & maintaining Business Intelligence implementations which leverage an Enterprise Semantic Model (OBIEE, RPD).
- Minor Project Management – This role will act as an informal PM for minor projects being delivered by EIM. As such, they will be directly accountable for the success of the projects they are tasked with managing, ensuring compliance with commitments for expense and timeline and delivering a high-quality solution that can be managed by the EIM team.
- Quality Assurance – Ensures that business requirements documentation and project scope includes clear traceability of individual requirements to components of the solution design and documents testing requirements to ensure that our business users receive the highest quality solution.
- Evaluates content delivered in OBIEE and recommends enhancements.
- Ensures that data and Business Intelligence projects are delivered in alignment with IT standards for Data, Security and Business Intelligence Standards.
- Duties may require off hours support for critical project delivery issues or to support teams during transition to steady state support.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or IT related fields or more than 5+ years of experience working in IT organizations, with an emphasis on Business Intelligence.
- Industry experience within the Automotive, Manufacturing, Distribution, Sales, Marketing, or Customer Service is desirable
- Ability & experience gathering & documenting requirements for data/reporting needs (business analyst skills)
- 5+ years of proven experience working with business intelligence and data technologies including:
- Oracle Relational Database versions 10g or newer (12 a plus)
- OBIA & OBIEE / Oracle Business Intelligence versions 11.x or newer is required (12x a plus)
- Knows of the semantic layer within OBIEE (RPD) (in order to gather/document requirements effectively)
- Prefer someone that has done this with data coming from multiple systems/applications
- General understanding/knowledge of other relational databases/SQL with a willingness to work with Microsoft SQL Server & IBM DB2
- Hyperion Essbase/Financial Planning skills are a plus
- Candidate can explain the roles of ETL/ELT, and an Enterprise Data Warehouse and has experience in managing implementations of Data Integrations supporting analytic data processes (ODI)
- Office systems (Word, Visio, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Microsoft Project skills are preferred
- Considerable ability to explain technical issues in plain language to members of working teams.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing with staff, management, business customers, dealers and vendors. Can tactfully conduct critical conversations with all levels of team members
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other Information Technology department employees and customer representatives
- Ability to provide clear and consistent instructions to team members. Follows up with stakeholders and team members. Holds team members accountable for commitments and follows up with stakeholders.
Training/Certification (Not all required, but advantageous)
- Oracle Database
- Enterprise Business Intelligence Products
- Dimensional Data Modeling (Kimball
- Data Discovery and Visualization.