Role: Sr IP Design Engineer/Architect (IP Addressing Design)
Location: Orange, CT
Project Duration: To end of 2020
Rate: <$85/hr depends on experience
· 8+ years strong hands-on IP Addressing Design and Architecture work
· Should have architecture design work spanning LAN, WAN, Server and Applications specifically related to IP Addressing Schema designs, re-designs, IP Addressing conflict resolution, and IP Addressing Migration planning and execution.
· Strong experience with designing, redesigning IP Addressing and Subnet Schema’s and its related architecture within a large or complex Enterprise space
· Project involves assessment of existing 3000+ node network (Network devices, Server, Storage, etc.) and re-design IP addressing and subnet conflicts to be seamless with the larger global network
· Should have clear track record with complex IP Addressing specialization, IP/subnet design & remediation across Layer 2/3 IP Addressable devices including IIS, DNS and DHCP, routers, Switches, gateways, load balancers, Servers, Storage, Databases, Applications, etc.
· Will perform IP/subnet resource mapping to functional services and IP re-addressing change impact analysis, rationalization, risk impact & mitigation planning and development of new IP Addressing recommendations, design and implementation plans
· Able to perform detailed analysis of IP Addressing change impact to all affected devices, appliances and applications/systems. Able to review hard coded IP addressing situations with Static IPs, imbedded IPs, etc. into Applications, Scripts and other related items.
· Able to design a new IP Addressing solution that matches global standards.
· Strong with Cisco Routers, Switches, Gateways, voice/IPT/UCM, etc. as related to IP addressing design, remediation
· Should have balanced skills across Network, Application and Servers
· Strong with MS Visio, Excel, and Word
· Must have leadership personality, good communication, sense of urgency, self starter
· Cisco CCNP (Route/Switch)
· Experience working with Energy (electric power, gas) or Utility (Water, sewer, etc.) organizations
· Working with Telco’s and Careers to provision circuits optional
· Cisco CCIE optional
· Experience with other network brands including HP, Riverbed, F5, Palo Alto, etc.
· Bachelors’ Degree
1. Describe the scope and complexity of any IP Addressing design or redesign projects that you have performed?
2. What was your specific role in these projects and what other Sr level engineers were involved and their roles?
3. What are the biggest challenges when redesigning a large complex IP network?
4. Have you ever performed hard coded IP addressing assessments? Describe details.