OPT / CPT do not apply
Title: Senior WiFi Lab Test Engineer
Job type: Contract W2 /C2C
Duration: Long Term
Long Term: Denver CO
Pay Rate: Open
· Client’s engineering team is looking for 2 Senior WiFi Test Engineers based at Charter office in Denver CO, primarily responsible for WiFi testing.
· The Wi-Fi Development Network Engineer is responsible for the development and engineering activities supporting Wireless technologies.
· This candidate plays a key role in evaluating new technologies and services prior to the integration and deployment into Client’s network.
· The Wi-Fi development Engineer creates strategic test plans that ensure performance and stability of Wireless products in Charter’s network ensuring the highest levels of customer and operational satisfaction. Technologies you will be supporting include, Wi-Fi Routers, Gateways, Access Points/controllers, CBRS, Service Provider Wi-Fi, and many other new technologies developed by key standards and collaboration committees you are a member of.
· You will collaborate with Network Architects and Product Development on business and technology requirements and assess vendor solutions to address the requirements.
· You will also work with Network Architects to create detailed test plans and certification curriculums, proof of concept trials, and methodologies for analysis of performance criteria.
· You will also partner with technical operations staff on system design and configuration and training needs.
Essential Functions Of The Position
· Actively/consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
· Participates in network planning, network architecture design and engineering
· Integrates and schematically depicts communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into complete network configurations
· Evaluates new products, performs network problem resolution
· Develop technical documentation on processes and test plans.
· Develop and implements approved methods of procedure
· Establish protocol compatibility standards.
· Develop and implement network enhancements and provide improvement recommendation.
· Provide escalated tier support across organizations and to third party vendors.
· Works on one or more projects as a project team member, occasionally as a project team lead
· Adhere to industry-specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
· Perform other duties as requested by supervisor.
Skills / Abilities and Knowledge
· Must possess excellent industry knowledge and theoretical understanding of IEEE 802.11 specifications (a/b/g/n/ac/ax (WiFi 6) protocol stack.
· Must be self-motivated and be a very good team player
· Must possess strong knowledge on RF propagation fundamentals, including MU-MIMO, Link budget, SISO, MIMO, MCS index and general RF characteristics.
· Must possess strong knowledge 802.3 networking protocols
· Strong teamwork, discipline to follow the process, good communication, and documentation skills.
· Must possess very strong experience writing and developing detailed test cases and test plans
· Experience developing automation utilizing SCPI, LabView, TCL, PERL, and Python programming languages.
· Deep knowledge of Carrier WIFI network KPI Analysis (SCI/Prime/7Signal/CAPE)
· Deep knowledge of Wi-Fi troubleshooting and RCA (Root Cause Analysis) at OTA and backend network
· Experience with handset manufacturers, network equipment vendors, and/or chipset vendors a plus.
· Strong knowledge in deriving test objectives/requirement, developing procedures based on the test requirements, executing test procedures and compiling test data.
· Hands on experience in developing and operating a controlled test environment, this includes Spirent C-50, Octoscope, Chariot, Veriwave, Accuver, Fluke networks, Spectrum Analyzer and Traffic Generator.
· Experience with network test equipment, such as Ixia, Spirent, Fluke Networks, IBB, Spectrum Analyzers, Site Survey Planning tools, and Traffic Generators.
· Experience using protocol communications test equipment and tools (protocol analyzers, WiFi system simulators, WiFi analyzers, and packet sniffers).
· Proficient understanding of DOCSIS specifications 3.0 (3.1 a plus)
· Experience developing automation scripts utilizing TCL, PERL, and Python programming languages.
· Proficient understanding of desktop operating systems and applications (Windows, MAC, Unix/Linux).
· Self-motivated to take ownership of assigned projects and deliverables
· Experienced technical writing skills sufficient to produce white papers, test cases, test plans, design documents, and technical diagrams
· Learns and adapts to new technologies and methodologies. Must be able to think outside-the-box and exercise innovation.
· Ability to work both in a team and independently on assigned projects
· Ability to work with little supervision to execute highly technical and complex tasks
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field or equivalent work experience (preferably masters).
· Professional level certification (CWNA,CWNP,CWSP,CWNE, CCNA (Wireless/Routing), CCNP (Wireless/Routing & Switching)
Related Work Experience
· 7+ year experience in testing and validating wireless devices.
· Office Environment/Network Lab environment
· Exposure to continuous moderate noise
· 10% travel as required
· US-Colorado-GREENWOOD VILLAGE