Criteria: We are looking for local candidates with relevant experience.
Title: Scrum Master
Primary Location: New Jersey
Our client, a Fortune 500 Company is seeking a Scrum Master who will be responsible for ensuring the Project Teams, they work with thoroughly understand the scrum concepts and how to apply them. Their attention focuses on the methodology or the “how.” As the primary process owner, the Scrum Master oversees all stages of a project – from the initial planning through product launch. The Scrum Master establishes project deadlines, tracks the achievement of benchmarks, and ensures that deliverables are produced on-time and within established budgets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· As the process owner, guide the team and the organization on how to use Agile/Scrum best practices.
· Coach the team on how to get the most out of self-organization.
· Assess the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coach the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
· Detect potential problems and remove impediments or guide the team to determine how to remove those impediments.
· Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on problem-solving and results.
· Facilitate daily standup meetings, and moderate team meetings guiding the team to get the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
· Facilitate decision making through conflict resolution.
· Responsible for maintaining open lines of communication, both internally and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
· Support and educate the Product Owner, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
· Build and capitalize upon the strengths of their cross-functional team members. Provide support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible and leading by example.
· Continually trouble-shoot team conflicts, impediments and blockers, in order to adhere to project timelines.
· Continually ensure the Agile/Scrum process is running smoothly, hold team members accountable for tasks.
Essential Skills and Requirements:
· Bachelor’s Degree
· First level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I)
· Second level Scrum Master certification (CSP, PSM II) is preferred
· Experience in performing the Scrum Master role for at least one year where the Scrum principles, practices, and theory were diligently applied.
· Experience is performing the Scrum Master role for at least one year for an organization that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory is preferred.
· Knowledge of other Agile approaches: Kanban, Scrum of Scrum etc is preferred.
· Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team is preferred.
· Ability to establish strong working relationships with team members, stakeholders and executive leadership.
· Strong and persuasive written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to demonstrate strong skills and knowledge of servant leadership.
· Ability to excel at both planning and continual troubleshooting.
· Ability to effectively facilitate meetings and mediate between team members when disagreements arise.
· Possesses situational awareness and conflict resolution skills.
· Focus on continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
· Knowledge of various well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (i.e. numerous Burndown technologies, various Retrospective formats)
· Ability to coach the organization into Agile/Scrum adoption and promote the use of Agile practices.