Title: .Net Application Specialist (593632)
Location: Raleigh, NC
Duration: 12 months
Interview: In Person Only
# of positions: 1
Results-oriented candidate with a strong work ethic. Must be able to demonstrate excellent program management, negotiation, communication and problem-solving skills.
NC State Board of Election is seeking an experienced .Net Application Specialist who will be part of a team to create technical designs, architecture, and assist in implementation of the solution, provide code reviews and ensure technical quality of deliverables.
• Interface with in-house business team and other technical leads to understand business requirements and current in-house .Net applications.
• Lead analysis and design work to develop and document application technical design for modular, scalable, application in Azure based on Service Orientated Architecture, API Management, and Micro Services.
• Document the architecture of a software system (designed and as-built).
• Collaborate with Infrastructure group to communicate and align development efforts with any Azure or other network/server services.
• Provide architectural oversight and implementation for application development design concepts, including version control, continuous integration, project build, and test automation.
• Identify coding patterns and anti-patterns and enforce implementation of the patterns through code reviews.
• Ability to get hands-on in application design and development in Azure environment to show in-house development team best practices.
• Design application security protocols using tools and techniques such as source code analysis, vulnerability scanners, and manual testing techniques.
• Proficient in Azure Cloud Applications, including modernization, implementation, deployment and support of highly distributed applications.
• Minimum 10 years of experience in software development.
• Minimum 7 years of experience with Microsoft .NET technologies (.Net Core, C#).
• Minimum 5 years of experience with SQL and Microsoft SQL Server 2016.
• Experience working with Jquery, Bootstrap, JSon, CSS.
• Experience working with and creating API and REST services.
• Experience working with Git.
• Strong familiarity with object-oriented systems and enterprise design patterns.
• Experience with development of service oriented and micro-service applications.
• Experience with web design patterns (MVC).
• Experience working with multiple projects/products at the same time providing development guidance.
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
• Experience with Azure PaaS offerings such as App Service Environments, Web Jobs, Web Apps, Functions, Azure SQL, Search, Cosmos Db, Azure Functions, etc.
• Experience working with Proof of Concepts (POCs) to prove out technology to solve certain business problems.
• Knowledge of Agile development environment.
• Knowledge with Azure DevOps.
Required / Desired Skills / Amount of Experience
Requires 10 Years: experience in software development.
Requires 7 Years: experience with Microsoft .NET technologies (.Net Core, C#).
Requires 5 Years: experience with SQL and Microsoft SQL Server 2016.
Requires 1 Year: Experience working with Jquery, Bootstrap, JSon, CSS.
Requires 1 Year: Experience working with and creating API and REST services.