Role: Technical Project Manager
Location: Near Orange, CT
Project Duration: until EOY ’19 (potential subsequent phase could extend into 2020)
- 8+ years Enterprise class PM focused on large, complex technical projects involving large or complex IT related projects that may include design, proof of concepts, etc.
- Project management experience leading network migrations, transformations, refreshes, deployments, etc. related to WAN, LAN, WLAN or IPT technologies
- Experience leading project teams including Network Engineers and other technical resources
- Strong with IT project risk management mitigation and planning
- Strong scheduling, coordination and project budget management skills. Strong reporting and status update skills.
- Able to lead matrixed team members, vendors and ensure all team members are performing per project requirements.
- Demonstrable experience to manage projects autonomously. Thorough understanding of concepts, procedures and application of project management and a good knowledge in other subjects or disciplines, which are relevant to the content of the project (e.g. Six Sigma and network management processes).
- Clear English communication skills and able to work with Executive leaders and project associates as single point of contact leading project.
- Ensuring projects are delivered to the clients requirements and satisfaction.
- Demonstrable record of resolving issues that threatened to delay or disrupt project goals (resource, budget or timeframe).
- Must be proficient with MS Projects, Word and Excel.
- Ability to apply Prince2, ITIL, Risk Management Qualification or Six Sigma principles.
- PMP Certification
- Working with Telco’s and Careers to provision circuits
- Experience working with Energy (electric power, gas) or Utility (Water, sewer, etc.) organizations
- CCNA optional
- Experience leading Cisco, HP, Juniper, Dell or other name brand projects
- 4 year College degree desirable